Thursday, February 16, 2012

A cooking anime

For a fan of anime, I seem to not know very much. I don't know what Arcobaleno is... but the food looks tasty. One of the things that I appreciate of anime is how diverse it is in content and audience. Cartoons in Japan aren't just for children. Some of their series are more adult in nature. Of course there is the stictly for adults stuff, but there is also stuff in the daily life of the average working adult that younger people might find uninteresting. I am not a drink or smoker. why do I say this? It is because when I was a few years younger and barely getting into anime I stumbled upon a series that dealt with a bar. In this bar a customer would arrive with some worry and the bartender would fix them up a drink and somehow solve their problem. The premise was okay, just not for me. At the end they featured the recipe of the "drink of the day" Definitely not for children.

Back to the card, I like food premise. I have seen a few cooking cartoon ( yes cooking), and though skeptical at first, have been surprised. A lot of times it is said that you can't learn anything from cartoons. Yakitate Ja-pan taught me so much about bread and bread making. Yumeiro Patissiere taught me about pastries and sweets, even if they are better for you there than in real life. I mean, only in a cartoon can you say "I am really hungry from working so hard. I guess I will go have some sweets" and proceed to do so. True that last part isn't really okay, especially with childhood obesity, but I guess neither is chasing after a road runner on roller skates with a rocket tied to you back.

Okay, so these are the only cooking cartoons I can think of, but since I like to bake a little, I don't see why I can't have fun and learn at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment