Monday, February 20, 2012

Black Sea Storm


This card comes from Ukraine. A stormy Black Sea. I live on the shores of an inland sea so I have never seen anything like this. The winds here can get pretty bad. we have some terrible sand storms where you can't see for more than a few feet. I am in a valley that is below sea level. When the storms hit the mountains surrounding us disappear. My neighbors have had their roof blown off and others have had trees torn out. Thankfully we have been okay.

Rain storms are rare here in the desert, but cause flash floods when they occur. I once saw small streams outside of my house with less than 5 minutes worth of rain. I ran out to roll up my car's windows and was soaked in less than ten seconds. that might be normal for many but not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment